You have the power to keep a child safe.
If you don't, who will?
You Make A Difference for Ark’s Kids
When you support Ark, you help protect children from abuse and neglect.
Your gift gives you the power to make a tremendous difference in the life of a child.
You provide free care for kids age 6 weeks to 6 years whose families are in crisis.
You make Ark’s free care available to children Monday-Friday, year-round.
You join an amazing group of generous donors, service groups and corporations
who partner with Ark in a variety of ways to keep children safe.
- In the past 10 years, more than 20,000 children in the US were killed in their own homes or by family members. (americanspcc.org)
- More than 80% of child abuse victims are not old enough for kindergarten. (americanspcc.org)
- Child abuse crosses all socioeconomic and education levels, religious, ethnic and cultural groups. (childhelp.org)
- Abused and neglected children are more likely to be helpless, confused, withdrawn, or enraged when stressed. (childwelfare.org)
- Children who were abused as infants or toddlers often have delayed speech and lower overall IQ. (childwelfare.org)
- Children who were abused or neglected are more likely to suffer from alcoholism, drug use, obesity, depression, heart disease, cancer and strokes as adults. (childwelfare.org)
Behavior & Crime:
- 14% of all men in US prisons were abused as children. (americanspcc.org)
- 36% of women in US prisons were abused as children. (americanspcc.org).
- Children who experience child abuse and neglect are about 9 times more likely to become involved in crime.(americanspcc.org).
In Your Backyard:
- Vanderburgh County has a higher level of abuse and neglect (24.3 children abused or neglected per every 1,000 children) than the state (16.2) and the national rate of abuse and neglect (9.7). (2015 Kids Count Data Book)
Sometimes life is hard - Ark can help.
Ark is licensed to care for children six weeks to six years old.
Our mission is to keep children safe and strengthen families in stress.
Ark provides free short-term child care for families in need.
No emergency requests are ever denied.
Who can use Ark?
You do not need to be low-income or live in Vanderburgh County to use Ark.
We help families in many different situations, from many different communities.
Ark can help any child, 6-weeks up to 6-years old.
Caregivers can use Ark for their children when they are:
- Needing a natural break from their children
- Searching for a job or awaiting a first paycheck
- Looking for a place to live or moving
- Attending legal matters
- Participating in counseling sessions or self-help groups
- Attending school with no other child care options
- Seeking permanent child care
- Experiencing illness or a death in the family
- Applying for financial aid or services at other social agencies
- Attending medical appointments
- Staying in domestic violence or homeless shelters
- Experiencing an unexpected child care dilemma
Call to schedule: 812-423-9425